The Preparing Global Leaders Institute (PGLI) is a premiere international educational program for the students and young professionals who are striving to be their best.
Preparing Global Leaders Institute is one of the four international leadership schools of the Washington-based Preparing Global Leaders Foundation. For six years, we have trained delegates maximize their potential and develop leadership and communication skills. The program seeks to prepare aspiring global scholar-leaders with the tools that are necessary for effective leadership in an increasingly complex world.
PGLI Delegates take short courses on political economy, international relations, diplomacy, foreign policy, leadership and communication (courses vary in a given year) from a distinguished, award-winning faculty. Beyond the classroom delegates are challenged to develop and demonstrate their skills in media, speech, parliamentary, and advertising simulations and competitions.
Complementary to the official program, delegates hear political dignitaries discuss their leadership experiences and have the opportunity to socialize with talented and accomplished young leaders from 50+ countries. Finally, delegates benefit from immersion in the host country during an 11-day stay on the beautiful coast of the Lake of Ohrid, a UNESCO heritage site, alongside recreational trips to Ohrid, St. Naum, and Vevchani.
PGLI EDUCATIONAL TRACKS AND COURSES:
- Public Speaking
- Public Communication and Effective Decision-Making
- Psychology of Global Leaders
- 21st Century Leadership
- Changing the Paradigm of Global Leadership
Business Leadership & (Social) Innovation
- The Global Business Leader
- 21st Century (Social) Entrepreneurship
- (Social) Innovators vs. Leaders
- Transformational Leadership
- Using Technology to Solve World’s Problems
Reputation Management and Personal Branding
- Risk and Crisis Communication
- Reputation Building and Management
- Leveraging Social Media
- Extra Sessions and Simulations
- TV/Elevator Pitch
- Panel Conference Simulation
- Answering Hard Questions
- Speech-Making Simulation
- Parliamentary Simulation